Surveys in Rossendale
Since May I’ve been surveying more properties in the Rossendale area than ever before. This is good news for home buyers as it signals that finally they are getting the right advice from their solicitors and mortgage advisers – your mortgage valuation is not a survey – you should always get a survey before you purchase a property. Never has this been so true due to such difficult financial times. Most home buyers financially commit themselves to the limit. It’s therefore imperative they commit to having a survey carried out.
So what do you get from a Home Inspection Services survey?
Most surveys are completed within 48 hours of doing the survey.
When you’ve had your report you can ring me up and talk about any of the issues raised or if you don’t understand anything.
The actual survey:
- Identifies any major problems within the home you are buying.
- Highlights areas that may need further investigation.
- Gives a simple 1,2,3 condition rating of all key elements of the property.
- Is written in plain jargon free English.
- The building condition and any defects.
- Any structural movement
- Damp, rot and woodworm
- Heating and electrical services
- Environmental issues
- Insurance re-instatement costs for buildings.
- Issues that your solicitor needs to be aware of. This can reduce the completion time and save you money.
The cost of the survey often pays for itself in getting a reduction on the initial offer you’ve made.